Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Blog!

Here it is, the new blog I've been telling myself for weeks that I would create! I'm really excited to post my views on all the wonderful elements of fashion (mostly clothes, though I may do a few posts on makeup, jewelry) and to finally have a blog that isn't entierly embarrassing. (I personally think that my previous blogs have been slightly childish, though many of my friends have enjoyed them).

Anyway, I thought you might be wondering why I decided to name my blog a bunch of random gibberish with lots of Vs and Ts. Well, in truth, it isn't exactlly gibberish. Vestimenta Vincent Semper is Latin for "Clothing Alwasy Conquers" which is my personal motto. When I'm feeling lazy or ugly (yes, I feel that way too sometimes, even though I'm not) I put on my fancy clothes, makeup and jewelry and I feel 100% better for it. (I even preform better on my tests!)

But I'm not here to brag or flaunt my style or whatever. The purpose of this blog is for me to get in my daily dose of writing practice, as well as for me to share my sylistic talents with others--and hopefully inspire some people to become more involved in fashion.

I never thought I'd be a fashionista when I was growing up--if you'd told me that in seventh grade I would have laughed at you and said, "I'll sprout wings and fly before that happens." Back then, I had no idea fahsion could be so fun, not trashy, or concieted, just another form of brilliant art that makes you feel and look good. Talk about hitting two birds with one stone.

So to begin this wonderful blog, I'd like to share what I wore today. (Please forgive my lack of thousand dollar backdrops--I'm not a professional fashion desinger just yet.)



(Okay, so I'm not the best at modelling either... I plan to work on that. I'm really a happy person, I just don't like to smile for the camera.)


(Details: Polka Dot Dress, Ruffled Black Heels, Black Bow Headband: Target; Grey Vest: Kohls; Beaded Bracelets: Wal-Mart; Black Choker: Made By Self)

(I also decided to wear a coat with this outfit due to the chilly winter weather. This lovely green coat was from Kohls--my favorite store--and is the most pricey of all my articles of clothing. [I won't tell you how much out of courtesy]).

Hope you enjoyed this post! Please comment!





No comments:

Post a Comment